Care for the environment? Want to save the planet? Then you must think in terms of fuel efficiency, non-polluting, and eco-friendly transport. The answer lies in purchasing and using a hybrid car. They not just make a statement that I care but are compact and fuel efficient. Working through
Here are some insights that may just tempt you to buy a hybrid. Assure lock
1. Made of lightweight materials hybrids are small in size. The engine is designed to be fuel efficient. When the car halts at a signal, the engine will automatically shut down and restart when the car shifts into gear.
2. These cars have the advantage of being powered by a gasoline engine and an electric motor that takes care of acceleration. Lloyd lock
3. The batteries of the electric motor recharge automatically by harnessing the kinetic energy produced during braking.
4. Hybrid car engines produce less emission, give better mileage, idle less, and are fuel efficient.
5. The aerodynamic design reduces drag and the tires are made of a special rubber that reduces friction.
6. The battery has high capacity and is made of nickel-metal-hydride. The battery can run the hybrid when called for.
7. The power-train technology enables using two power sources and enhances fuel efficacy.
8. There are many choices. You can have a hybrid from Honda, Ford, Toyota, GMC, and Chevrolet.
9. If your transportation of choice is a hybrid then the US Government will applaud your choice by giving you significant tax breaks.
10. Using a hybrid means you are active in ensuring the air is clean and that you are a concerned citizen who wishes to save fuel which is precious.
Maximize usage by “pulse and glide.” This means finding the ideal point where electric and gas energy are equally utilized. Generally this ideal lies between 30-40 miles per hour. Stabilization of energy is learnt by practice it really cannot be taught. Another important aspect is that you benefit if you don’t rush around and drive at the prescribed speed limit. If you glide, instead of accelerate then you can make a saving of as much as 10 cents a gallon. Lastly check and maintain tire pressures. This will help lengthen the life of the tires and help you save fuel. Reduced tire pressure studies indicate reduces gas mileage by as much as 10%.
Before you say “yes” to buying a hybrid car, you must do in depth research on hybrids, the pros and cons. Talk to manufacturers and owners. Test drive the different makes and check which one would suit your life-style. Some hybrids are ideal for city driving while others are more efficient on open roads.
Even if the buying price is steep the fuel that you save along with incentives like tax breaks make a hybrid a good and sensible choice.